Monday, June 18, 2018

Knee Rehab update

June 17th, 2018
Surgery update
I had my full knee replacement on Monday the 11th, at Sebastian hospital.  Coming out of surgery my pain level was about a 2 on a scale of 0-10. Through the next few days in was usually a level of zero, except after rehab.  The next 4 days were spend in the hospital, waiting for an authorization from the insurance company to be moved to a rehab facility. Finally Thursday midday we got the authorization and I was on my way to Health South Rehab in Vero Beach.  The reason for the rehab facility, as you know I leave on a sailboat, this is to get me strong enough and have the mobility to be able to get on and off the boat, safely.
I arrived at Health South via Stellar Medical Transport.  This is a very nice, clean and professional company. My room is 105B if you care to visit, and I have a lovely view of the garden area.  The schedule for an average day here is rise at 6 am, breakfast at 8am and rehab (PT/OT) start around 9am. I have a total of 3 hours each day, some session an hour some a half hour with breaks in between. Lunch break is 12 until 1:30 or 2pm, then usually finish no later the 3:30pm.  So the best time to visit is in the late afternoon between 4-8pm or Sundays after 1pm. My pain level on average now with all this therapy ranges between 2-7/10. I usually have to take a half oxi after rehab and then the rest of the time its just Tylenol . The surgical bandage comes of on Weds. at my doctors appointment.
The facility and staff here at Health South Rehab is wonderful and clean. For those of you who use to work with me at TBC Dr. Kalman is one of the staff Doctors, I literally ran into him, on my early morning walk today. It’s nice to see a friendly face.  Well tata for now. Safe journey and fair winds my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment