Sunday, February 4, 2018

The waiting game

February 4th, 2018,

We had a wonderful time in Green Turtle, Abacos and made a lot of new friends now is the time to move on.  It may seem like we are not moving on, but yes people we are.  On Thursday the first, we left the marina and made our way to Man Jack for about a week.  Our dear friend Tom on board Happy Healer is coming to buddy boat with us for awhile.  He has done a lot of shopping for food and supplies, which are much cheaper stateside.  At this moment he is waiting in West Palm to cross the Gulf Stream.  We are hoping for a good window this morning and if that doesn’t work for him, then the next window is around Tuesday.  Once he has arrived, refueled and got some well needed sleep. We will all be waiting for another weather window to make the crossing of “Whale Cay Pass”. It is a very small section in the Atlantic but a very dangerous one.  The seas need to be calm and not out of the NE.  So the next destination is just on the south side of the pass at Guana Cay, Hope Town, Lynyard Cay and on to the Eluthras after that.  

Most of our projects are done and we will be able to play soon.  Our last little projects was a costly one.  We went in the back stateroom to touch up any varnish runs from two weeks before.  Once Kevin had finished sanding the spots, I went for a shower.  Just prior to my shower I took off my glasses and set them on the bed.  The counter area was covered with sandpaper, varnish, paint brush, hammer, acetone, etc.  So I thought the glasses would be safer on the bed.  This required telling Kevin the glasses were on the bed and to be careful.  I proceeded with my shower, stepped out and there set my glasses on the counter, with one of the arm pieces broke off.  Now mind you, this all happen in about a five minute span.  So he spend the next three days trying to fix them with, tape, super glue, epoxy, West system filler, solder and the final try was drilling a hole in the side of the glasses and the arm piece.  So now my glasses have a screw sticking out the side with solder around the hing, and part of the lense melted.  The best part is I have to be very careful putting them on and can not fold the arm pieces in or it will all fall apart.  Now if you have transition lenses like I do, they have to be in just the right spot on your nose, well mine are at a slant and keep sliding down my nose.  Life is good.  I am trying to contact my optometrist to have a new pair shipped.  

So this is enough excitement for me.  I was told that my blogs were not coming fast enough, Rich, this blogs for you.

Fair winds and happy sailing my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment