Sunday, April 2, 2017

Our Adventure continues

Well!,  where do I begin?   We have been having a great time in Spanish Wells.  Some of you have seen a few of the photo’s I posted on facebook.  I think the captains favorite spot is Buddha’s.  The prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is great.  The other day I did not make a wise shoe choice before heading out and it did a number on my knee.  So we ended up and Buddha’s and after a batch of conch fritters, a drink and a few bottles of rum purchased in his liquor store, I asked Buddha for a ride back to the dinghy.  He was pleased to accommodate my request.  I think he just likes to show off his souped up golf cart that will do over 50mph. 
Yesterday we rented a golf cart and toured both Spanish Wells and Russell Island, with a few stops along the way.  At the north west tip of Russell Island is Sandbar grill.  The food and scenery was wonderful, but a little pricey.  We then ventured to the northwest end of Spanish Wells and found a lovely sandy beach, which we will try out on Wednesday.  We finally ended up at Kathy’s Bakery, the Main grocery store (where Kevin was able to buy a case of coke for $20).  Our last stop for the day was the local realty office to check out the prices for homes on the island.  The prices and taxes where not as bad as we thought.  That is for our next dream.

We left spanish wells on Thursday and headed back to Royal Island cove to wait out another high south wind coming through on Friday.  Saturday morning we sailed to Little Harbor in the Southern end of Abacos.  The sail up was great, but the approach into little harbor cut was not so fun with 5 foot following seas.  We are now Anchored just north of Little Harbor and will be making our way north to Hope Town in the next few days.  Till then my, fair winds and happy sailing my friends.

4 comments: